Wednesday, March 7, 2012

here is berlin in new york

my dear friend klaus wrote a book called 'here is berlin' and the other night in nyc we celebrated the opening of the english version! it was a great success! there were lots of people there who have a berlin connection of some sort or other and i was happy to meet them and was excited to have the opportunity to speak german again. it was strange to notice that only after 3 weeks of not speaking german my mouth felt rusty forming the german words. that made me scared because i really don't want to loose it. i will have to call my friends in germany a lot so as to keep fluent.

its also strange speaking english as well because often the words fail me and i feel like there are holes in my brain as i try to make a sentence. its very odd, and hopefully normal. i have been speaking german more then english in my daily life in berlin and switching back to english is proving to be a challenge.

the book 'here is berlin' is an essay on the new berlin and it brought tears to my eyes as i looked at the photos of berlin that were shown in a slideshow before the reading began. i do love berlin and my life there, my friends and people who have really become family to me. berlin has a magic about it that no other city has. its very mysterious yet also so very very clear with its different styles and scenes. i love berlin and always will. the evening with klaus and his book made me realize again just how much i love that city.
visit here to find out more about the book :  www.hereisberlin.com

tommy wiesbecker house

 brandenburger gate

 i heart berlin

tempelhofer field gardens

warschauer bridge

the spree towards alexander platz

 kreuzberg

mehrringdamm/york strasse

 sausage stop


 a corner in neuköln

arriving in  new york city was quite a shock at first because new york has such a different energy then berlin does.  new york is fast and intense, there are tons of people in new york city and they are all in a big hurry. its rush rush rush. even when i was just sitting calmly at my friend prairie rose's house i could feel the buzz of the city all around me. 

times square

wild woman in the window

the flat iron building

 view from the brooklyn bridge

parking

 on the high line

 my personal door

 empire state building


and this picture pretty much sums it all up. 


i am loving where ever i am. be it berlin or new york city or where ever the next stop is...........

love light leads me there!    







1 comment:

  1. I needed to put you one tiny word in order to thank you so much as before about the wonderful ideas you have shared on this site.

    It is really remarkably generous with people like you in giving unreservedly all many people
    could have sold for an ebook to help with making some bucks for their own end, notably since you could possibly
    have tried it if you ever decided. These smart ideas in addition worked to be a easy way to realize that some people have the same fervor really like
    my own to know very much more pertaining to this condition.
    I know there are many more fun sessions ahead for people who scan your blog post.



    Feel free to visit my web site ... sexverhalen lesbisch

    ReplyDelete